7 months, last saturday

wow, i really suck at this.

arlo j.  let me tell you a little bit about you:

you are a nut. 
you are a flirt.
you are great at not being very sleepy when we want you to be very sleepy.
you LOVE the bath.  you scream when i take you out, even when the water has long gone luke warm.
you will eat anything mixed into plain yogurt.
you were roughly, at six months, the size i was when i was nine months old. 
you smile all the time.  that steals my heart.
you also grab my face with both hands and cram your open mouth against my cheek.  its like your version of a raspberry.  it sends me.


this has been a rough month for me, and it has nothing to do with you.  i have done my best to try and take a deep breath and clear my head before i pick you up, before i play with you, before i heed your call.  i haven't always been great at that, and i'm sorry.  your dad and i are trying our best to work our way around some of the difficulties that our parents had parenting us.  i'm doing everything i can to be the best mama for you.  i love you to the ends of the earth, even if i'm regularly 5 days late on your birthday posts.

xoxo.

ps. don't worry; change is afoot.  good change, i promise.

Comments