apparently lingering longer.

though, in all honesty, he's still not officially "due."  that would be sometime between tomorrow and tuesday.

its likely my own fault for getting my knickers in a knot about arlo being early.  so, i take full blame for that.

but here we are, sunday at almost 3pm...in the last seven days i have had two panic attacks, two thai dinners, one taco bell lunch, one large serving of black beans, one "labor salad" from caioti, enough prunes to accomplish one thing or another, one long walk through the farmers market and the earth day festival at third street promenade, and a new pair of shoes.  none of these things have thus proved exciting enough to move the boy. 

our favorite farmer's market farmer, mr. avila, took one look at me and said that it would be another nine days.  it was only the fact that he is portuguese and my dead portuguese grandfather would hate me for it that saved me from punching mr. avila in the face.  that, and the fact that his wife was not too far away, and i'm a little afraid of her...he predicted NEXT sunday.  sooooo far away.

plus, that would make arlo a taurus, and we're trying to avoid that (ducking).

Comments

As a Taurus: screw you, we are awesome. It's the rest of you who are messed up.

But I want to know more about Mr. Avila, the portuguese farmer; my brother-in-law is Mr. Avila, portuguese, and not a farmer. Must be related!

Sorry Arlo is already proving to be the baby you deserve. "We don't get the children we want, just the ones we deserve."
jackie kersh said…
you are not alone:

http://jackandgabe.blogspot.com/2005/07/estimated-due-date-huh.html

hang in there.
you better duck.

due to his stubborn nature...i have my own predictions!

love you
Carol-Sutarooni said…
Hi, found your blog by accident by using the next blog link.

I have found that children name themselves. I had an absolutely beautiful name picked out for my second daughter, Noelle Grace. My older daughter was nearly a week old before we decided on Laurel Faith. We were so proud of ourselves for being ready the next time.

Well, the baby was born and I took one look and this amazingly strong and angry baby and said "I don't know who you are, but you are NOT Noelle Grace." Five days later she became Erica Holly.

He might be Arlo, maybe not. But don't let having put a name on the wall be the reason for the name. Check out your baby and then see. You might take one look and say "hello Arlo!" or take one look and wonder if he is someone else.

Good luck and enjoy the time of wonder,
Carol