nbr; having read the book...

ps: nicole. i find our posts today interesting...


there are some people i know not so well, who seemingly know me very well, i.e. our development assistant at work, my boyfriend's mother's boyfriend, and daisy, one of my work friends (who i actually know so-so, but like a lot...). they all got me gift cards to an unnamed bookstore (i will not get flamed by you, portland. i am at sea here in southern california when it comes to independent bookstores, having searched for somewhere reliable and interesting for the better part of 5 years...).

anyway, i just got back. my haul:
Charlotte Bronte, Villette

F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Collected Stories

Markus Zusak (i'm kind of in love with his name), The Book Thief

Colum McCann (his name, too), Let the Great World Spin

E.M. Forster, A Room With A View (can't remember if i've read this or not)

Charles Dickens, Hard Times (my first foray into Dickens territory. i was afraid of the more obvious choices, so i went for this one, as i was liked the cover)

T.C. Boyle, The Women (a little fascinated with Frank Lloyd Wright these days)

Stieg Larsson, The Girl Who Played With Fire (i just finished the book that came before this one, and was pissed at how it ended. hopefully, this one makes up for it, as i spent hardback money).

The boy has bet that i'll be done with all of them by mid-february, which for me seems fine, as that will see me right through to my birthday, and hopefully more book cards.

and also! i checked out the childrens section of this particular unnamed bookstore. not too big, nowhere near too small. not too licensed. found this:

WANT.

Comments