in the life

6:15am; alarm goes off. ignore.

6:35am; try two. stay in bed an extra five minutes, figure out what day it is, what i wore yesterday, etc. wash face, comb hair, moisturize.

6:50am; check email. make oatmeal. share with dogs, sometimes boy. get dressed and get out.

7:30am; walk two blocks to Pann's. catch bus #439 on corner. show driver my pass and pay my 60cents for the freeway express. usually jam the machine by dropping in all my dimes at once.

7:40am; try not to fall asleep on the bus. try not to fall asleep on the bus. try not to fall asleep on the bus. vow to go to sleep earlier tonight.

8:20am-8:45am; arrive at work, depending on traffic on the dreaded santa monica freeway. walk two blocks to work. i love the sound of my heels click clicking on the bricked downtown streets.

9:00am; coffee, check. emails, check. voicemails, check. to-do list, check. and i'm off...

11:00am; hungry? ignore.

noon; Hungry? ignore.

1pm; HUNGRY. eat lunch. maybe go for a walk. but most often, eat at desk, read google news. today? peanut butter and jelly, coffee, detroit governor. i will NOT read anything about sarah palin.

3pm; review morning's list. cross off finisheds. fret about unfinisheds. apply myself more.

4:55pm; colleague walks by office, "don't miss your bus!"

5:00pm; boss walks by office, "don't miss your bus!"

5:05pm; oh crap. throw things in bag, search for keys, phone, 60 cents. run.

5:15pm; catch bus home. ride home much more difficult than ride to work, as i'm not sleepy, but rather cranky. spend 40 minutes convincing myself that it is the environmental thing to do. that it is the economic thing to do. that i will be knighted some day, for being a los angeleno who CHOOSES to take mass transit. award myself for being forward thinking.

6pm; bus drops me off in Westchester. Cross the street into Ladera. Cross another street into Inglewood.

6:10; i can hear those doggies at the door from the front lawn. let myself in and try to protect my legs from their jumping as they herd me into the kitchen for treats.

6:30pm; watch my tv boyfriend brian williams.

7pm; make dinner with my real life boyfriend, who collects sound equipment instead of flashlights (brian williams collects flashlights).

8:30; provided there's nothing on tv that will delight me and bore the boy (see: Antiques Roadshow, History Detectives, Gossip Girl, etc), watch instant netflix. Last three nights: many, many, many episodes of Weeds.

11:00; damn it, its not any earlier than last night. shower. take vitamins. much to the consternation of both the boy and the dog who sleeps on my pillow, go to sleep with wet hair.

Comments

your life sounds good but my life would be better if you lived here. MFNW was this weekend and all of your rock star boyfriends were out. I needed you to be snarky with. No one here understands snarky like you.

miss.
lms said…
i am the snark queen. did leather jackets and pointy ankle boots abound, or was that so 2005?